This fall we're giving you $8,000 to use as you choose! Learn More >

Have Questions?
Blog

Improving Energy Efficiency

Homeownership comes with a lot of questions but the cost of your energy bill shouldn’t be one of them. Peace of mind comes from knowing that your home was built by a company who both values energy efficiency and perpetuates the idea of environmental conservation in order to ensure that you, as a homeowner, benefit from a comfortable and resilient indoor living environment.

 

“When you look at our homes from the outside and the inside, they look like high-quality, newly constructed homes. It’s when you go beneath the surface that you see that our homes take this quality and energy efficiency to another level,” Michael Bosgraaf, president of Bosgraaf Homes.

 

Although every High Performance Bosgraaf Home is built on a solid foundation of generations-old building concepts and techniques, we are constantly evaluating and evolving our features in order to ensure that every home not only meets our expectations but surpasses our energy efficient standards.

 

We are happy to announce that we will be upping our energy-efficient technology by incorporating Comfortmaker Air Conditioning & Heating (96% AFUE) in all of our future builds and custom homes.

 

AFUE measures the overall efficiency of a furnace by converting fuel into energy. For example, a furnace that can turn 80% of the energy it consumes into heat loses the remaining 20% during the heating process.

 

The minimum standard per code is a 78% AFUE rating (though this AFUE score would both hurt the environment as well as your wallet). Mid-century furnaces typically achieve a AFUE rating of about 80-85% but high-efficiency furnaces fall under the 90-97% range — The higher the percentage, the more energy efficient it is.

 

Swapping our 92% AFUE HVAC system for a more energy-efficient solution not only shows that we are serious about the continuing advancement of efficiency but having the luxury to provide the highest level of energy-saving assurance to every Bosgraaf homeowner.

 

Ready to learn more about our process, procedures, and other included features?

Call us today at: 616-667-3333

Awards
2019 - Parade of Homes Lifestyle Award ($400,000-$500,000)
2019 - Parade of Homes Best Curb Appeal ($400,000-$500,000)
2019 - Parade of Homes Best Owner’s Suite ($400,000-$500,000)
2019 - Parade of Homes Peoples Choice Award ($300,000-$400,000)