6 Tips on How to Increase Home Value
Your home is a valuable asset, perhaps your most valuable asset. Making it look and perform its best can boost its value even more… and make it nicer to live in. Focusing on getting the most bang for your buck with projects that offer a good return on investment is a shrewd move. Whether your aim is to sell your home or make it more livable for yourself, here are some tips from Bosgraaf Homes on how to increase home value.
What Are Some of the Best Ways to Increase Home Value?
- Make Your Home More Energy Efficient. Making your home more energy-efficient is one of the best ways to increase its value, save money, and live comfortably. High-efficiency furnaces and water heaters, high-performance insulation, “green” lighting, and Energy Star appliances all make a home more efficient, comfortable, and eco-friendly.
- Boost Curb Appeal. Improving curb appeal can make a big difference in your home’s value. From power washing the driveway and siding to re-seeding the lawn and upgrading the landscaping, there are numerous ways to make your home look cleaner and more appealing. Some other ideas include a new walkway or patio, updated flowers in the planters, fresh mulch, or even a new grill.
- Update Your Kitchen and Bathrooms. It’s common knowledge that kitchens and bathrooms are the rooms that sell homes. An obsolete layout or outdated fixtures can be remodeled or modernized to maximize the space and its value. If a major update is too big of an expense, even minor changes can have an impact, from new appliances to modern hardware on the cabinets.
- Apply a Fresh Coat of Paint. Never underestimate the power of a new coat of paint. Painting is one of the cheapest and most impactful ways to add value to your home. Inside and out, paint can change the whole vibe of your home. Add a pop of color to the front door or garage door, while you refresh your interiors with a trendy new hue.
- Add or Repurpose Space. More square footage = more value! A flex space or an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) can be used for so many things, from a home office to guest quarters. Finishing the basement, adding a bathroom, or creating another useful space can increase function and increase home value.
- Declutter! To help boost the value of your home, decrease the amount of stuff inside it. Decluttering is relatively easy but yields impressive results. Start by going through cabinets and closets. Make piles to donate or keep. Then clean out drawers and other storage areas. Don’t keep anything you don’t use, need or want. Once you’ve decluttered, bring in a professional cleaning service to add a sparkling gleam.
Our Home Design Studio Team Is Here to Help!
One of the best ways to increase home value is to choose the best quality fixtures and finishes from the beginning. At Bosgraaf Homes, you have access to endless design choices in our Design Center. From cabinets to countertops, light fixtures to finishes, our high-end design choices have been curated by experts to reflect modern styles so that your home will look and feel up-to-date for years to come.
Our home design studio is unique because it allows you to choose the design elements that fit your style in one place. See the actual shadings of a granite slab, feel the grain of wood floors, know that a particular color is what you think it is. Compare different options to see which combinations speak to you. Choose appliances, cabinetry, trim, paint colors, flooring, doorknobs, and more.
While you pick what you love, our designers ensure they all work seamlessly. They guide you through every step of the design process, answering questions and offering suggestions on options that will make your home feel like you while keeping it functional. Our designers know your budget and work with you. They can help you prioritize what you want with what you can afford, and try to minimize any gap as much as possible. They pay attention to the price of everything from the beginning, so there are no surprises. Our team will be there, ready to assist every step of the way. That’s the Bosgraaf Homes difference.
Connect with Bosgraaf Homes, the Premier Custom Home Builder in Michigan!
If you’re searching for a home with enduring value, we’d love for you to come visit any of our new home communities in the Grand Rapids area or the Lakeshore area or work with Bosgraaf Homes to build a home on your own land! If you’d like to work with the premier custom home builder in Michigan, please contact us.