Prep Your Furnace for Fall
Colder weather is officially upon us, which means that it’s time to make sure your home is prepared to keep you warm. Here are a few tips…
1. Make an appointment with your HVAC company to have a professional tune up! This is a great way to maintain your heating and cooling system so that it won’t fail you when you need it most. We recommend yearly maintenance to prolong the life of your Comfortmaker furnace.
2. Check your furnace filter to see if it needs replacing, if the filter is visibly dirty then you know it’s time to replace it. We recommend that you change your filter at the start of each season to improve air quality in your home and the performance of your furnace.
3. Have your fireplace inspected by a professional for damage and buildup to make sure that when you turn it on it is functioning and safe.
4. Don’t forget to turn on your humidifier when you turn on your furnace! The air your furnace kicks out tends to be dry but turning on your humidifier can add important moisture back into the air. Remember to turn down your humidistat to help combat condensation on your windows on super cold days. The Honeywell website as well as your manual can be a helpful guide for determining proper humidity levels.
Benefits of a humidifier in the home:
1. It can make your home feel warmer which could save you money on your heating bill by lowering the temperature of your thermostat.
2. It controls the rate at which your new home cures, preventing drywall, wood, and caulk cracking.
3. The cold winter air can be harsh to our skin, but a humidifier can help combat dryness and chapped lips by reintroducing moisture to the air.
We hope these tips help to keep you warm in the coming months!